These slides are making the rounds today: http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/jul/31/nsa-xkeyscore-program-full-presentation
I’m pretty sure the NSA just has a branding problem so I’ve fixed it:
Update: If you’re using Chrome on a MacBook and you trust me, I made an interactive version. I’ve been waiting years (over a decade!) for the technology to come together for proper parallax, but I’ve digressed, that’s another blog post for another day.
Well… 2011 has been gone for 2.5 weeks, and I’ve finally decided to sit down and think about all that’s happened. I had a week off at the end of the year, but I refused to do any reflection during that time, way too much energy required.
We started last year searching for a house, and I ended it lounging in newly purchased house with the first actual week off from work I’ve had in years. Over the summer, we took a road trip to Las Vegas with the girls I finally quit my ridiculously part time job at Wizards of the Coast (moved away from Renton).
In any case, let me see if I can at least write out 12 bullet points:
- Jan: started the home search
- Feb: ???
- Mar: Found the house, signed the papers!
- Apr: We started refinishing the floors while the house was still empty.
- May: Started moving our stuff in, and cleaning up the old house we were renting.
- Jun: First official month actually living in the new house.
- Jul: Niki’s 9th birthday!
- Aug: Road trip to Vegas (started in July, to be honest), and my brother’s wedding.
- Sep: Surgery to fix my sinus issue.
- Oct: Maeby’s 5th birthday!
- Nov: My first official year at Substantial
- Dec: Took an actual week off!
It’s amazing how much time the new home claimed and maybe someone can fill in the ???, but I’m satisfied with 2011 nevertheless.